Take your business to the next level! This hands-on course enables entrepreneurs to determine whether their business is viable, develop an initial plan for launching or growing their business and learn the fundamentals of how to act on that plan.
Looking for our Charlottesville Entrepreneur Workshop?!
What is the commitment?
Our Entrepreneur Workshop meets for 16 weeks, from 6 pm – 9 pm, at a convenient location for Culpeper and Orange County residents. (The day of the week and specific location will be identified prior to the beginning of each semester, when applications open.)
How much does it cost?
Tuition is $750 and includes course materials. There are need-based scholarships, sponsored by the Town of Culpeper and Orange County, and payment plans are available.
What can I expect?
- Weekly 3-hour evening class sessions.
- 16 weeks of high-energy, engaging discussions centered around your business.
- Excellent networking opportunities with your entrepreneur peers and leaders of the business community.
- A combination of lectures, discussions, and applied learning activities that can include an additional 10-12 hours per week consulting with professionals and potential customers.
- By graduation, you will have developed the components of a comprehensive business plan and consulted with financial advisors on personal finance.
How should I prepare?
- Review our “What it takes to be a successful entrepreneur” Checklist to ensure you’ve considered the various facets of entrepreneurship
- Consider attending a “Starting Your Business” Workshop (2hrs)
- Assess your schedule and allot time for the workshop, research, and corresponding assignments
- Alert family and friends of your potential upcoming commitment to solicit their support and understanding in advance
- Fill out this form and look for an email from a CIC team member regarding next steps
- Get ready for an adventure
Who can apply?
- The workshop is open to anyone interested in starting or expanding a business (contingent on availability and admittance).
- Contact us at (434) 218-3481 to learn more
What are some of the topics covered?
- Challenging your Assumptions
- Talking to your Customers
- Who is my Target Market?
- Personal Finance; Break-Even Analysis
- Your Time as an Asset; Time Management
- Brand Development; Prospecting; Creating your Marketing Plan
- Accounting; Cash Flow Projections; Credit & Financing
- Investing in People: Creating a Team
- The 1-Year Plan
How do I apply?
- Applications for the Fall ’23 semester will open by May 1, 2023.
- If you would like to receive a notification when applications become available, learn more about our application process or other CIC programs, please fill out this form.
- For specific questions, please contact our Program Coordinator, Juana Dent.
When does the next semester begin?
- Fall ’23 Application Period: May 1, 2023 – July 7, 2023
- Fall ’23 Interest Meetings: Coming Soon
- Fall ’23 Admission Notifications: Coming Soon
- Fall ’23 Orientation: Coming Soon
- Fall ’23 Classes: August 22, 2023 – December 12, 2023
What happens after graduation?
- Financing: Graduates are eligible to apply for microloans.
- Mentoring: Become paired with an experienced business owner from the community or join a Small Business Circle for ongoing advisory support.
- Networking: Continue to be a part of the CIC business network for events, showcases, pitch nights, workshops, and more.