Take your business to the next level! This hands-on course enables entrepreneurs to determine whether their business is viable, develop an initial plan for launching or growing their business and learn the fundamentals of how to act on that plan.
What is the commitment?
Our Entrepreneur Workshop meets on Tuesday evenings from 6pm – 9pm at CitySpace.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is $750 and includes course materials. There are need-based scholarships and payment plans available.
What can I expect?
- Weekly 3 hour evening class sessions
- 16 weeks of high energy, engaging discussions centered around your business
- Excellent networking opportunities with your entrepreneur peers and leaders of the business community
- A combination of case studies, discussions, and applied learning activities
- By graduation, you will have developed the components of a comprehensive business plan
Who can apply?
- The workshop is open to anyone interested in starting or expanding a business, contingent on space availability.
- Not sure if you’re ready or need the 16-week workshop? Learn more about our 2-Hour How to Start Your Own Business Workshop or contact us at 434-218-3481 to learn more.
What happens after graduation?
- Financing: Graduates are eligible to apply for micro-loans.
- Mentoring: Become paired with an experienced business owner from the community for ongoing advisory support.
- Networking: Continue to be a part of the CIC business network for events, showcases, pitch nights, workshops, and more.
What topics are covered?
Challenging your Assumptions; Journey Mapping your Business; Talking to your Customers; Who is my Target Market?; Personal Finance; Break Even I; Break Even II; Your Time as an Asset: Time Management; Brand Development; Prospecting; Creating your Marketing Plan; Accounting; Cash Flow Projections; Investing in People: Creating a Team; Credit and Financing; The 1-Year Plan