Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing BusinessNovember 13, 2018
About the Book:
Romi Neustadt is a former corporate grind workaholic, having worked high-paying and high-stress jobs in both PR and law. However, she realized she wasn’t happy working too many hours around someone else’s schedule. So, she decided to risk it all, quitting her job and deciding to start her own business. Now, after establishing a successful PR consultancy, she is ready to pay it forward, passing on the lessons she learned from trial and error with her own business to other hopeful entrepreneurs.
Things we love about this book:
- Great Lessons on the Importance of Networking and Making Connections
- Great Lessons on Team Building
- Encouraging and Inspiring
Some of Our Favorite Quotes:
- “If you’ve been in this profession for anytime at all, somewhere in your training you’ve been asked to figure out your reason why for wanting to build a business. Some say your why has to be big enough to make you cry. Well I don’t know about the crying part, but it’s definitely got to be big enough to keep you consistently showing up for your business.”
- “Don’t fear objections, embrace them! Objections are a helpful way to move the conversation about your business forward, when you treat them as requests for more information. I love objections for four reasons.”
- “The only part of this business we have total control over is our own activity.”
Be Forewarned: If you choose to listen to the audiobook, don’t listen around the kiddos! There are some not so family-friendly words.